REGISTRATION SUPERVISOR WHITTIER FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9348-977 Date posted 04/01/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Registration Supervisor develops, administers and coordinates all Patient Registration and Financial counseling functions to ensure daily efficient operations and staff compliance with all established policies and procedures. Directly is responsible for daily departmental operations, in-service education, staff organization, evaluations, continuous departmental and staffing quality improvement and guest relations promotion under the direction of the Director. Attains and maintains the AAHAM CRCS or CRCP Certification.
- Strong demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to objectively appraise and analyze the qualifications and performance of others as well as the ability to plan and direct their activities
- Ability to judge the appropriate actions in response to change, circumstances or problems.
- Ability to lead a large group of subordinates while ensuring a high level of engagement and performance.
- Skilled in building relationships with the other department leaders
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medi-Cal Guidelines, Joint Commission guidelines as it relates to registration/admitting/billing.
- Excellent English communication skills and grammar
- Computer proficiency to include Access Manager, MS4, Excel, Word, and other applications required to maintain efficiency within the registration and revenue cycle.
- Typing 45 wpm
- Good mathematical skills with the ability to plan a budget
- Minimum of four (4) years of hospital experience in Financial Counseling/Admitting is required
- Minimum of two years experience in a leadership role in hospital Financial Counseling /Admitting (or comparable education in Healthcare management)
- High school graduate, prefer AA or other evidence of continuing education
- Extensive knowledge of insurance contracts, registration procedures to include HMOs, PPOs, POS, Medicare,
- Medi-Cal, Affordable Health Care and Workers’ Compensation
- Minimum of four years financial counseling experience with computer data entry and word processing
- Demonstrated teaching skills in orientation and instruction of new registration personnel
- Medical terminology knowledge required
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V