RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER I, WHITTIER; RESPIRATORY, PER DIEM (DAYS)Apply Now Job ID 8894-977 Date posted 01/21/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner I will be responsible and accountable for the respiratory management, treatment, control and care of patients with respiratory deficiencies. Will assess data reflective of patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
- Possess a broad knowledge of all modes of therapy being performed within this institution.
- Be able to Exhibit skills to accomplish computer operation to include mouse and windows application.
- Must be adept at auscultation of the chest and physical assessment of the patient and monitoring of vital signs.
- Exhibit skills and ability to properly understand and operate electronic monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Willing and able to accept the responsibility of the position.
- Must be a licensed RCP by the State of California.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist within 6 months of hiring, recommended.
- Two (2) years of respiratory experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Competent to assess the appropriate care given to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, or geriatric patient.
- Valid Adult ACLS, BLS and Pediatric (PALS) certification from the American Heart Association.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V