RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER - NICU (WHITTIER) RESOURCE POOL, NIGHTS (6:30P-7:00A)Apply Now Job ID 7412-977 Date posted 04/11/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Responsible and accountable for the respiratory management, treatment, control and care of patients with respiratory deficiencies. Respiratory therapist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients. The individual must exhibit knowledge of the principles of growth and development with focus on the newborn and premature neonate. Therapist must possess the ability to assess data reflective of patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs. Therapist must be able to provide the care indicated with respect to department policy and procedures.
- Display a broad knowledge of all modes of therapy being performed within NICU/LDRP.
- Exhibit skills and ability to accomplish computer operation.
- Adept at auscultation of the chest and physical assessment of the patient, with focus on the neonate.
- Exhibit skills and ability to properly understand and operate electronic monitoring devices.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Current RCP license
- Maintain current CPR and NRP certification.
- Certificate of Completion from an approved two-year Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Associate Arts/ Science Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Licensed RCP by State of California.
- Registration by the National Board for Respiratory Therapy
- Registered Perinatal/Pediatric Tech preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V