RN CARDIAC CATH LAB, PIH HEALTH - WHITTIER, per diem daysApply Now Job ID 11603-977 Date posted 03/05/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
This position is responsible and accountable for providing nursing care in the Cardiac Cath Lab, along with being responsible and accountable for providing nursing care in the Cardiology and Cardiac rehabilitation departments.
- Interpretation of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Knowledge of diagnostic tests and their preparations.
- Knowledge and experience with administering of IV and IM drugs and their possible adverse reactions.
- Competent with patient evaluation, physical assessment, and interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge in the legal aspects of nursing.
- Recognizes, documents, and assists in the treatment of contrast reactions.
- Successfully passing safety, cultural sensitivity, and blood pathogen classes.
- Knowledge andexperience with conscious sedation medicationsand their reversal agents.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill using special equipment such as monitors, infusion pumps, temporary pacemakers, O2 equipment, SPO2 monitors, etc..
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience in an acute care facility.
- Valid BCLS and ACLS certifications.
- Evidence of continuing education and self development
- Demonstrates teaching ability in a formal and/or informal setting.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Two years of nursing experience in the ICU.
- One year RN experience in Cardiac Cath or Interventional Radiology.