RN CARDIAC CATH LAB (WHITTIER), PER DIEM, DAYSApply Now Job ID 7021-977 Date posted 02/09/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
This position is responsible and accountable for providing nursing care in the Cardiac Cath Lab, along with being responsible and accountable for providing nursing care in the Cardiology and Cardiac rehabilitation departments.
- Interpretation of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Knowledge of diagnostic tests and their preparations.
- Knowledge and experience with administering of IV and IM drugs and their possible adverse reactions.
- Competent with patient evaluation, physical assessment, and interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge in the legal aspects of nursing.
- Recognizes, documents, and assists in the treatment of contrast reactions.
- Successfully passing safety, cultural sensitivity, and blood pathogen classes.
- Knowledge andexperience with conscious sedation medicationsand their reversal agents.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill using special equipment such as monitors, infusion pumps, temporary pacemakers, O2 equipment, SPO2 monitors, etc..
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience in an acute care facility.
- Valid BCLS and ACLS certifications.
- Evidence of continuing education and self development
- Demonstrates teaching ability in a formal and/or informal setting.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Two years of nursing experience in the ICU.
- One year RN experience in Cardiac Cath or Interventional Radiology.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V