RN CHARGE NURSE, CARDIAC TELEMETRY, 1 TOWER, WHITTIER, 6:30AM-7PMApply Now Job ID 5075-977 Date posted 12/05/2017
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Provides direct patient care and charge nurses duties. The primary nursing responsibilities include assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation. Standards of professional performance required include ethics, education/competency, quality practice, effective communication, leadership skills, collaboration, and evidence-based practice/research utilization. Charge nurse duties include, assessment of patient and staff needs, coordination of care delivery and patient flow, and serve as role model and resource.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal competence, negotiation and confrontation skills
- Organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Clinical education related to specialty
- Principles of patient/family teaching
- Current California RN license
- Clinical certifications preferred for applicable units, i.e. ACLS, NRP, PALS, etc.
- BSN/MSN preferred
- Evidence of continuing education
- 2 years prior experience in an acute care facility preferred
- Current Basic Life Support certification
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
- CARE MANAGEMENT CLERK, WHITTIER, FULL TIME, 3PM-11:30 Whittier, California
- FRONT OFFFICE REP II (PULMONOLOGY MEDICAL OFFICE): FULL-TIME Whittier, California
- PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (DOWNEY); FULL TIME, VARIABLE SHIFT (**POSITION FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY) Downey, California