RN DIALYSIS, PIH HEALTH HOSPITAL - WHITTIER, FULL TIME, 4PM-4:30AMApply Now Job ID 11183-977 Date posted 01/13/2021
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Responsible and accountable for providing dialysis (hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, CRRT) for acute inpatients, in accordance with MD orders, hospital policy, and CMS guidelines. Dialysis Registered Nurse will monitor patients during dialysis, assess any emergent changes in condition and communicate with the patient, primary RN, and MD. RN will supervise dialysis technicians and delegate appropriately. In addition, RN will collaborate with the nursing and medical staff to determine the patient’s clinical status and priority for dialysis treatment.*RK
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Patient assessment.
- Clinical education related to specialty.
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- Current California RN license (BSN/MSN preferred)
- Current Basic Life Support Card
- 2 years acute care experience and/or previous dialysis nursing experience
- CNN (Certified Nephrology Nurse) certification encouraged
- ACLS certification
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V