RN HOSPICE ADMISSIONS LIAISON, LA MIRADA, FULL TIME, 1PM-9PMApply Now Job ID 9074-977 Date posted 02/27/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
The RN Hospice Admission Liaison coordinates referrals and admissions for the Post-Acute Care Services Division; develops and nurtures positive relationships with potential patients/families and internal and external referral sources; generates new referral sources; promotes awareness of Post-Acute Care Services in the community; serves as a role model and provides expertise on Post-Acute Care programs within PIH Health; and provides a smooth transition for patients and families by coordinating care with case managers, nursing staff, social workers, physicians and vendors.
At the direction of and in accordance with the IDG plan of care the RN Hospice Admission Liaison provides skilled hospice care for patients certified as having a terminal illness who have elected the Hospice benefit. Admissions may be started in the hospital, Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Assisted Living Facility (ALF), Board & Care or place of residence. The Hospice Registered Nurse also provides supportive care to patients families and/or significant others.
- Compassion and empathy coupled with clinical knowledge to assist patients with terminal care needs.
- Computer knowledge and abilities
- Knowledge and ability to apply the nursing process in order to develop an individualized patient plan of care.
- Cognizant of standards and practices for California State Hospice licensure, and federal CoPs,.
- Current California RN license.
- Current BLS certification.
- Valid California Driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Medicare Certified Hospice experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Public Health Nurse (PHN) preferred
- A minimum of 1-year experience as a professional nurse.
- Experience with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system preferred.