RN HOSPICE OUTPATIENT, HOSPICE, LA MIRADA, FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9006-977 Date posted 02/12/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
A Hospice Registered Nurse who under the direction of and in accordance with the IDG plan of care provides skilled hospice care for patients certified as having a terminal illness who have elected the Hospice benefit. The Hospice Registered Nurse also provides supportive care to patients families and/or significant others.
- Compassion and empathy coupled with clinical knowledge to assist patients with terminal care needs.
- Computer knowledge and abilities.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the nursing process in order to develop an individualized patient plan of care.
- Cognizant of standards and practices for California State Hospice licensure, and federal CoPs.
- Current California RN license.
- Current CPR card.
- Valid California Driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Medicare Certified Hospice experience preferred.
- BSN, (PHN preferred)
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a professional nurse.
- Experience with an EMR system (preferred).