Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Senior Director, Surgical Services, Nursing Administration, Full time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 19546-977 Date posted 05/22/2023
The Senior Director is responsible and accountable for the operations of patient care in all areas of oversight, including; patient experience, personnel management, fiscal resources, performance improvement, and interdepartmental coordination/collaboration. The Senior Director ensures standards of care are met and that relationships with physicians and all disciplines are collegial; working together to keep the patient and family at the center of all decisions.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
- Advanced written, verbal, and non-verbal communication in the English language
- Proficiency in planning, directing, and evaluating department services
- Ability to relate effectively with all levels of the clinical and administrative/financial departments
- Knowledge of data processing and information systems related to a department
- Knowledge of trends, innovations, technology, and reimbursement for departmental clinical and administrative planning
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (CMS Conditions of Participation, The Joint Commission, Title XXII, OSHA, etc.) on an advanced level
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Current California RN license
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Minimum five years experience in a Nursing management level position.
- Member of Association of perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
- Masters of Science in healthcare related field or Masters in Business Administration
For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
12401 Washington Blvd.