SOCIAL WORKER, MSW; WHITTIER, FULL-TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9371-977 Date posted 04/03/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
Provides social services to patients and family members, including providing patient education and counseling, and making referrals for other services. Works with health team across the continuum of care to develop and implement social work treatment plans to ensure the best care for patients. As a member of the case management team, assists in the coordination of care around discharge planning from inpatient stay as well as in the ambulatory setting.
- Patient assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Familiarity with regulatory agency requirements, policies and protocols.
- Master’s Degree from an Accredited School of Social Work.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements related to reporting of child/elder abuse, substance use/abuse, child protective custody, adoptions, and other legal requirements.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in the medical field (inpatient or outpatient healthcare setting)
- Licensed as an Associate Clinical Social Worker by the California Board of Behavioral Science
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting
- Prior experience working in healthcare case management