SR./LEAD CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST, WHITTIER; FULL TIME, 2ND AND 3RD SHIFTApply Now Job ID 8569-977 Date posted 11/12/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist oversees the operation of the assigned section under the direction of the laboratory supervisor. Such as performing laboratory testing, validating results, writing and updating procedures, providing competency assessment to staff members in the assigned section, training new staff, maintaining instrument functions/ maintenance/calibration, overseeing quality control programs, evaluating and validating new instrument performance, providing technical knowledge/support and leadership within the assigned section.
- Technical skills in laboratory science
- Working knowledge quality control rules
- Precise with details and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (CLIA, DHS, CAP)
- Writing and technical writing skills
- Problem solving ability
- California Clinical Laboratory license (CLS) or National Medical Technologist license (MT, ASCP)
- Five (5) years previous CLS experience within the specific section in an acute care hospital preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V