Training / Clinical Analyst, InformaticsApply Now Job ID 9392-977 Date posted 04/08/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Assist with planning, development and coordination of all Informatics Department project-related training activities and other organizational training as assigned. This will encompass needs assessments, development of curriculum and training materials, and participation in the development and administration of 'train-the-trainer' programs. Serve as a lead developer of instructional media for Informatics project-related training activities. He/She will review, analyze, and evaluate user needs related to the clinical systems. He/she is responsible for designing, building, configuring, and testing the clinical systems. The Training/Clinical Analyst reports directly to the Clinical Informatics Director.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
- Analytical skills to collect and research data; problem solving to identify and resolve problems in a timely matter; and oral and written communication skills.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Able to identify the essential points required to train to. Keeping things simple yet thoughtful.
- Skills to handle multiple projects independently, keeping within defined timelines.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position,
- Able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events,
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of software.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to create and maintain team spirit and motivation.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build consensus among professionals.
- Advocate of patient safety and security.
- Persistent demonstration of accountability, accuracy, thoroughness, efficiency, sound judgment and quality.
- Effective data collection and research for problem solving and resolution in a timely matter. Strength in verbal, written, and engaging professional interpersonal communication.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and place customers at the center of own thinking and actions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a current license or certification in a clinical specialty.
- Experience in working in a clinical setting.
- Masters’ degree preferred from a recognized college or university as a registered nurse or other area of clinical study.
- Prior experience in developing clinical training and education material.
- Registered nurse background