Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Urgent Care PhysicianApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 13201-977 Date posted 02/02/2022
MORE THAN 310 DAYS OF SUNSHINE AND OVER
2 MILLION PEOPLE TO CARE FOR – COME BE A PART
OF ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS TO OFFER
Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
Urgent Care Physician
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices with more than 170 Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Urgent Care Physicians coordinate a course of treatment for patients with a variety of diseases, and provide preventative care health maintenance strategies while working with an inter-disciplinary team of medical assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dieticians, surgeons, specialists, pathologists and pharmacists. The physician will act as an expert in disease management and prevention for all ages.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
- Demonstrated expertise in diagnoses: assessment, intervention, and patient care management for all ages. Knowledgeable regarding Family Physician scope of practice.
- Experience performing and interpreting diagnostic measures.
- Fellow or certification from American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Proficient in HCC coding, CMS STARS measure, and HEDIS measure capture.
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School.
- Graduate form an accredited Family Medicine Residency program.
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements.
- Board Certification from the American Board of Family Medicine.