UrologistApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 14665-977 Date posted 01/25/2022
MORE THAN 310 DAYS OF SUNSHINE AND OVER
2 MILLION PEOPLE TO CARE FOR – COME BE A PART
OF ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS TO OFFER
Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices with more than 170 Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Urologist coordinates a course of treatment for patients with a variety of urological medical and surgical needs related to treatment of the genitourinary organs and connected tissues, urinary tract, bladder and kidneys. They will work with an inter-disciplinary team of nurses, physician assistants, dieticians, surgeons, pathologists and pharmacists. The Urologist will act as an expert in Urological disease management and prevention of acute and chronic illnesses/conditions.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
- Demonstrated expertise in Urological diagnoses: assessment, intervention, and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding a Urologist scope of practice.
- Experience performing and interpreting urological findings, CT/MRI, US of the prostate, bladder, kidney and testes pathology results.
- Demonstrated experience with urological procedures: endoscopic, laparoscopic, robotic-assisted and open.
- Ability to consult for urological issues in clinic and the hospital setting.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate form an accredited Urology Residency program
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certified or Board Eligible from the American Board of Urology (ABU)
- Fellow or Certification from the American Urological Association.