Urology Physician AssistantApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 14666-977 Date posted 01/25/2022
MORE THAN 310 DAYS OF SUNSHINE AND OVER
2 MILLION PEOPLE TO CARE FOR – COME BE A PART
OF ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS TO OFFER
Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
Urology Physician Assistant
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices with more than 170 Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Urology PA will work closely with the supervising physician to assist in the global management of urologic patients, including all aspects of pre, intra and post-operative care. The Urology PA will serve as a first assist in surgery performing procedures as assigned by the supervising physician as well as performing urodynamic testing in the office. under supervision of attending physician.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
- Demonstrated expertise in Urologic care: Knowledgeable regarding Nurse Practitioner/PA scope of practice.
- Able to communicate effectively to patients and families, staff, and peers
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Prior robotic experience preferred but not required
- Current California PA License
- Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program
- One to three (1-3) years direct patient care clinical experience.
- One to three (1-3) years of Urological experience
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements.
- Board Certification by the National Certification Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.