Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiology, Full Time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Alhambra, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 15859-977 Date posted 04/23/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Registered Nurse for Cardiology provides expert professional nursing care, advice and triage for in office and for incoming calls. Areas of specialty include interventional, electrophysiology and non-invasive cardiology. The RN provides specialty collaborative patient management with the supervising physicians. Perform non-invasive cardiac diagnostic testing such as but not limited to exercise cardiac stress tests, pharmacologic stress tests and imaging studies for diagnostic purposes. Assess, plan, implement and evaluates the care rendered to patients with urgent, emergent or potential health problems.
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- Knowledge and experience with administering of IV and PO drugs and their possible adverse reactions.
- Knowledge of diagnostic test and their preparations.
- Knowledge in the legal aspects of nursing.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill using special equipment such as monitors, oxygen equipment, SPO2 monitors, EKG machines, defibrillators, etc.
- Honest, dependable, conscientious.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Current California RN license
- Evidence of continuing education
- Prior experience in, ambulatory care nursing
- Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS Certification
- 12 Lead electrocardiogram and arrhythmia detection knowledge
- Cardiology Experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V