Family Medicine/Internal Medicine NP/PA - FloatApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16733-977 Date posted 04/13/2023
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have two enthusiastic Family Medicine or Internal Medicine NP/PA's join our team.
The primary location will be based in Whittier, CA and will need to be flexible to float between other locations, as needed.
The Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant functions in an Advanced Practice role as a clinical expert in the office setting. Under the general direction of the medical director, provides general and preventative care, conducts check-ups, treats illnesses, order labs and prescribes medications for children and adults.
- Demonstrated expertise in Family Medicine.
- Health education, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illnesses for adults and children
- Provide comprehensive instructions and teaching on disease processes
- Effectively communicate with physicians for follow-up care or referrals
- Knowledgeable regarding all aspects of Family Medicine NP/PA scope of practice.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license
- Graduate from an accredited NP/PA Master’s Program
- New graduates will be considered
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certification: Board certified as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, 93 outpatient medical offices, six Urgent Care Centers, with over 400 employed physician and mid-level providers in our medical foundation and more than 7,500 compassionate & valued employees. Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals.