Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Physician, General SurgeryApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 17536-977 Date posted 04/13/2023
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have an enthusiastic General Surgery Physician join our team.
The General Surgeon coordinates a course of treatment for patients with a variety of surgical issues while working with an inter-disciplinary team of nurses, anesthesiologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dieticians, hospitalists, radiologists, pathologists and pharmacists. The General Surgeon will perform surgical procedures to prevent or correct injury, disease, deformities and patient function while adhering to regulatory and ethical protocols. The General Surgeon will oversee all treatment prior to and post-surgery and identify associated risks.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
- Demonstrated expertise in General Surgery: assessment, intervention, and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding a General Surgeon scope of practice
- Demonstrated experience in performing surgical procedures to address various medical needs for their patients
- Experience in the interpretation of radiological exams including x-ray, MRI, CT, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities
- Independent performer
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate from an accredited General Surgery program
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certified or Eligible from the American Board of General Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery experience preferred
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, 93 outpatient medical offices, six Urgent Care Centers, with over 400 employed physician and mid-level providers in our medical foundation and more than 7,500 compassionate & valued employees. Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals.
Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values.