Adult Hospitalist NocturnistApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Downey, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 14565-977 Date posted 01/18/2022
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have enthusiastic Adult HospitalistNocturnist to join our team.
The Adult Hospitalist Nocturnist provides inpatient care in coordination with hospital departments to ensure high quality patient care. This individual must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with PCPs, specialists, patients, families, other hospital departments and administration. The nocturnist admits and works with the hospital multidisciplinary team to allow patients to receive the level and type of care they need.
Excellent location, just outside Los Angeles, California where we have over 300 days of sunshine!
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED:
- Demonstrates expertise in communication: able to work with team members, PCPs, specialists, nursing directors, and hospital departments to effectively facilitate the care of patients by admitting hospital patients and responding to nursing staff calls for the inpatient service.
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with Group standards, medical staff by-laws, pathways/best practices
- Knowledgeable regarding an Adult Hospitalist scope of practice.
- Able to work typical nocturnist hours.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate form an accredited Internal Medicine Residency program or Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Three (3) years direct patient care hospitalist experience preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certification: Board certified or board eligible.
Why PIH Health?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
- PIH Health is committed to remaining a leader in healthcare advances for our communities—technology, equipment, facilities and amenities. We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Primary care teams that deliver general medicine and preventative care.
- Access to emergency and urgent care, home health services and hospice.
- A network of PIH Health physicians and advanced practice professionals including physician assistants and nurse practitioners in accessible and welcoming neighborhood locations.
- More than 7,500 compassionate, valued employees.
- Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V