CASE MANAGER - RN (DOWNEY); FULL TIME, VARIABLE SHIFTApply Now Job ID 7017-977 Date posted 02/08/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The RN Case Manager manages a continuum of care from pre-admission through post-discharge for assigned patients. Assure that patients and families proceed efficiently throughout the course of hospitalization. Focus of the position is the appropriate utilization of hospital services, maximizing reimbursement from all third party payors, and education of medical/hospital staff about healthcare options.
- Broad knowledge of disease process, pathophysiology and treatment plan
- Strong assessment skills with high-developed critical thinking skills and analysis abilities
- Good understanding of psychosocial and cognitive assessment
- Familiarity with discharge planning process and care options
- Maintain an active California RN license.
- Computer proficiency.
- Minimum of 3 years acute hospital clinical nursing experience.
- Previous experience in case management preferred.
- Organizational abilities and familiarity with medical assessment. Understands treatment plans and healthcare delivery system.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V