FRONT OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE I ENT CLINIC (DOWNEY)Apply Now Job ID 9566-977 Date posted 07/07/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
The Front Office Representative I works under general supervision to perform various front office duties in the medical office setting to ensure efficient operations and patient satisfaction; works closely with Medical Director and Residency Training Program Office Manager to trouble-shoot and resolve problems and maintains positive relationships with patients, family members, visitors, physicians, residents and fellow employees.
- Knowledge of computer keyboard and 10 key touch, ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of computer practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft Office programs, electronic health record systems).
- Demonstrates good telephone management skills.
- Knowledge of Medical Insurance
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience performing front office duties in a medical office setting to include telephone management and charge entry experience;
- Knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT coding systems helpful but not required;
- Computer data entry skills;
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced situations.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V