Laboratory Clerk. PIH Health Downey. Full-Time, Day ShiftApply Now Job ID 12074-977 Date posted 06/09/2021
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Laboratory Clerk will perform test ordering and various clerical duties such as faxing, answering telephone inquiries, results mailing, supply ordering and expedites lab assistants to areas of draw.
- Computer data entry
- Filing and record keeping
- Communication and telephone skills
- Knowledge of laboratory terminology preferred
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Six (6) months of clerical experience preferably in a Laboratory setting
- Knowledge of general laboratory terminology and test names preferred
- Specimen processing experience preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V