Laboratory Manager, PIH Health Downey, Full Time SalariedApply Now Job ID 11413-977 Date posted 02/09/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The Manager of the Laboratory and Pathology Services manages and oversees the daily operations of the PIH Health Hospital – Downey Lab and Pathology Department and provides leadership and direction to ensure objective are met; which includes personnel activities and development, scheduling, technical oversight, general workflow, and budgets. Ensures compliance with licensing and accrediting agencies. This is a management position.
- Technical skills in laboratory science
- Working knowledge quality control rules
- Precise with details
- Time management and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (CLIA, DHS, CAP, CIHQ)
- Writing and technical writing skills
- Problem solving ability
- Knowledge of computers (Word and Excel)
- California Clinical Laboratory license
- Five (5) years as CLS (medical technologist) with good general knowledge of all laboratory sections.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience
- Significant experience in inpatient or a high-volume clinic laboratory preferred
- Masters degree desirable
We believe that our employees should have access to affordable healthcare coverage that promotes preventative care and helps cover the cost of illness. Our medical benefit plans start as low as $0 cost for eligible employees, employee or spousal cashback up to $1200 per year for those who qualify and company paid Basic Life Insurance, Basic AD&D and Basic Long Term Disability. This is a brief overview and does not provide a complete description of all benefit provisions. PIH Health will be happy to discuss and disclose more details as we move through the interview process. Apply Today! EOE M/F/D/V