PATIENT REGISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE (DOWNEY); FULL TIME, EVENINGSApply Now Job ID 7895-977 Date posted 07/11/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Patient Registration Representative performs all tasks related to pre-registration, and registering of inpatients and outpatients in an efficient, accurate and hospitable manner to ensure that patient, physician and hospital needs are met.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians.
- Demonstrated attention to detail; good English speaking skills, spelling, reading and mathematical skills required
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and follow directions as outlined in policies or given by Supervisor
- Computer skills and typing 40 wpm is required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have one (1) year of experience in a high volume healthcare facility or medical office setting with strong computer and customer service experience.
- One (1) year of patient registration experience in a healthcare facility or in a medical office setting with strong computer and customer service experience is highly preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent required, evidence of continuing education preferred
- Medical terminology or demonstrated proficiency within six months of hire date (via a course or self guided study program)
- Bilingual speaking preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V