SR/LEAD CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST, DOWNEY, BLOODBANK, FULL TIME, VARIABLEApply Now Job ID 8782-977 Date posted 12/30/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager/supervisor oversees the operation of the assigned section. Performs all laboratory testing and related duties, assists with procedures, operations, equipment maintenance/selection/validation and quality control, competency development and assessment; and provides leadership within the assigned section.
- Technical skills in laboratory science
- Working knowledge of quality control rules
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (CLIA, DHS, CAP, Joint Commission)
- Precise with details and organizational skills
- Writing and technical writing skills
- Problem solving ability
- Knowledge of computers, word processing and spread sheet skills preferable
- California Clinical Laboratory license
- Five (5) years previous CLS experience within the specific section in an acute care hospital preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V