Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Medical Assistant (MA) PediatricsApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians (PHP) Location La Mirada, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18942-977 Date posted 03/17/2023
The Medical Assistant works under general supervision to perform a variety of procedures; fills in and performs various patient-specific job duties; must have knowledge of each clinical task assigned; must keep updated on any changes made within the Medical Assistant scope of practice. The Medical Assistant may be requested to float between departments and periodically travel; process all outside referrals including HMO and PPO, maintaining accurate records and notifying all concerned parties of the outcome as required.
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3.7 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 35 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient and significant other when administering care.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment which may include a considerable amount of walking, and physical assistance for patients.
- Strong verbal and written skills; fluent in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and patient safety measures.
- Current AHA BLS certification required.
- Adaptability and accuracy.
- Must have good visual acuity and motor coordination.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Basic math skills and ability to handle cash transactions.
- Strong computer skills (data entry and typing).
- Honest, dependable, and conscientious.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
- Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent and graduation certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- In circumstances of a practice acquisition, a competency validation must be completed by a PIH Health supervising physician whose practice we are acquiring
- Must have no less than 10 years’ experience with said physician/practice
- Minimum six (6) months of front and back medical office experience required
- Two (2) years of front and back medical office experience preferred
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License if hiring into Medical Assistant Float Pool
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced situations, excellent communication skills; ability to work in an environment involving a high level of activity and a variety of positions.