OB/GYN NPApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location La Mirada, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 17360-977 Date posted 07/21/2023
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have an enthusiastic OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner join both our PIH Health La Mirada Women's Center and PIH Health Whittier Hospital team.
The OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner functions in an Advanced Practice role as a clinical expert in the clinical ambulatory setting. Practicing within developed Standardized Procedures the nurse practitioner plans, implements and evaluates the plan of care and seeks to improve care through collaborative/collegial practice among caregivers/providers/disciplines.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
- Demonstrated expertise in Women’s Health across the lifespan
- Health education, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic gynecologic issues
- Contraceptive care
- Provide comprehensive care before, during and after pregnancy
- Effectively communicate and provide care regarding menopause
- Knowledgeable regarding all aspects of an OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner scope of practice
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities
- Independent performer
- Current California Nurse Practitioner license
- Graduate from an accredited Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Education Program
- Five to ten (5-10) previous OB/GYN Labor and Delivery experience required or Five to ten (5-10) previous OB/GYN private practice experience required
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certification: Board certified Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner or board eligible
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, 93 outpatient medical offices, six Urgent Care Centers, with over 400 employed physician and mid-level providers in our medical foundation and more than 7,500 compassionate & valued employees. Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals.
12675 La Mirada Blvd.