Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Adult Hospitalist NocturnistApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 14904-977 Date posted 05/24/2023
MORE THAN 310 DAYS OF SUNSHINE AND OVER
2 MILLION PEOPLE TO CARE FOR – COME BE A PART
OF ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS TO OFFER
Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
Adult Hospitalist Nocturnist
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices with more than 170 Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare. From our extensive facilities in Whittier, Downey and Los Angeles, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Adult Hospitalist Nocturnist provides inpatient care in coordination with hospital departments to ensure high quality patient care. This individual must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with PCPs, specialists, patients, families, other hospital departments and administration. The nocturnist admits and works with the hospital multidisciplinary team to allow patients to receive the level and type of care they need.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
- Demonstrates expertise in communication: able to work with team members, PCPs, specialists, nursing directors, and hospital departments to effectively facilitate the care of patients by admitting hospital patients and responding to nursing staff calls for the inpatient service.
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with Group standards, medical staff by-laws, pathways/best practices
- Knowledgeable regarding an Adult Hospitalist scope of practice.
- Able to work typical nocturnist hours.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate form an accredited Internal Medicine Residency program or Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Three (3) years direct patient care hospitalist experience preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certification: Board certified or board eligible
1225 Wilshire Boulevard