Ambulatory Patient Concierge, PHP Wilshire, Full Time, DaysApply Now Job ID 12104-977 Date posted 06/14/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Patient Concierge is responsible for managing all aspects of your assigned patients’ experience. The Patient Concierge will assist each patient by setting up appointments with appropriate physicians, including lab, radiology and testing appointments. Enroll them in the MyPIHHealth patient portal and educate patients on how to use the portal. Throughout and after patients’ care, ensure they receive an excellent customer experience and are able to navigate their healthcare network successfully. Assist with front office duties as needed, such as greeting patients, check-in process, scheduling appointments and answering calls.
- Must have a strong understanding of navigating and accessing the health care system and the operation of physician offices.
- Health care insurance background would be helpful.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain relationships with physician office staffs to coordinate appointments.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple projects and consumers simultaneously.
- Possess confidence and comfort speaking with clinical and non-clinical staff of all levels.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with executive level patients.
- Excellent customer service experience with ability for strong relationship building.
- High School Diploma
- Maintain a current California Driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study
- Experience working in a physician office, outpatient clinical center or hospital strongly preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V