LVN, (PHP) PIH Health Physicians, Cardiology, Los Angeles, full time, daysApply Now Job ID 11835-977 Date posted 05/06/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct or indirect nursing care to patients who present with urgent, emergent, or potential health problems; utilizes knowledge of basic nursing principles, practices and ethics, and concepts under the direction of a practitioner to meet patient needs in the medical office setting.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- Current CPR certification.
- Good understanding of nursing principles.
- Good understanding of patient/family teaching principles.
- Knowledge of computer practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft Office programs, electronic health record systems).
- Good communication skills, bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Current California LVN license
- Evidence of continuing education
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Card.
- Experience in direct nursing care in the medical office setting.