Orthopedic SurgeonApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 11228-977 Date posted 01/19/2021
MORE THAN 310 DAYS OF SUNSHINE AND OVER
2 MILLION PEOPLE TO CARE FOR – COME BE A PART
OF ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS TO OFFER
Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices with more than 170 Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensivee facilities in Whittier and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Orthopedic Surgeon coordinates a course of treatment for patients with a variety of musculoskeletal issues while working with an inter-disciplinary team of nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dieticians, hospitalists, radiologists, pathologists and pharmacists. The Orthopedic Surgeon will act as an expert in the diagnosis and preoperative, operative and postoperative treatment of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
Find out why Physicians commit to work for PIH Health:
PIH Health Physician Recruitment
Submit CVs to Jennifer.email@example.com
- Demonstrated expertise in Orthopedic Surgery diagnoses: assessment, intervention, and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding a Orthopedic Surgeon scope of practice.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in upper extremity injury management including carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, wrist pain, fractures, arthritis, etc. and management and treatment of such injuries.
- Experience in the interpretation of radiological exams including x-ray, MRI, CT, etc.
- Must be able to take general Ortho call with 1 in 6 rotation.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal and conflict resolution abilities.
- Independent performer.
- Current California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Graduate form an accredited Orthopedic Surgery program.
- Graduate from an accredited Hand or Upper Extremity Fellowship program.
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certified or Eligible from the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery