Patient Registration Representative I, PIH Health Physician; Cardiology Wilshere, Full time, 8:30 am to 5pmApply Now Job ID 12068-977 Date posted 06/09/2021
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Patient Registration Representative I – Front Office works under general supervision performing all tasks related to patient registration including securing and calculating upfront patient liabilities in an efficient and hospitable manner. Performs various front office duties in the medical front office setting for proficient operations and patient satisfaction. Works closely with Office Team to trouble-shoot and resolve problems and maintains positive relationships with patients, family members, visitors, and fellow employees.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Good English oral communication skills including reading, and writing in basic English
- Basic mathematical skills is required
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly, and follow directions as outlined in policies or given by Supervisor
- Strong Computer skills and Knowledge in Word, Excel and ability to maneuvering through multiple screens in a timely manner
- Medical terminology knowledge strongly preferred
- Insurance knowledge required
- Ability to multi- task in a fast and high pressured environment
- Stringent adherence to all HIPAA laws
- Strong typing skills 40 and up wpm is required
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving with the ability to act and decide accordingly.
- Excellent Customer service and phone skills with a background in the medical industry
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a minimum one (1) year of work experience performing registration, hospital billing and/or front office duties in the medical office setting to include telephone management and charge entry experience
- Knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT coding systems
- Computer data entry skills
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced situations.
- Insurance and billing experience preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V