Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Pharmacy BillerApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital Location Los Angeles, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18825-977 Date posted 03/03/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Pharmacy Biller performs various routine clerical tasks, billing pharmacy charges, and works with other hospital billing personnel, pharmacy analysts as well as 340B team to assure proper charging for pharmaceuticals.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collections practices and basic medical coding
- Computer data entry skills
- Ability to deal courteously with patients
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- One (1) year of experience in processing hospital medication charges or medical billing
- Excellent computer skills and ability to navigate through electronic medical record systems
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- LA City Fire Card within six (6) months of employment (PIH Good Samaritan Only)
- Pharmacy Technician license