RN Medical Practice Manager - CardiologyApply Now Job ID 11468-977 Date posted 02/16/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care, and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
The RN Medical Practice Manager is responsible for the department’s continuous, effective operation and for the continuous improvement of department activities. Work in concert with the strategic goals of the organization and have an unwavering focus on the customer/patient, a constant emphasis on superior performance and value-added strategies, and a steadfast philosophy for the self-directed actions and staff ownership all characterize the qualities needed for this position. Participates in budgeting, and growth and development efforts as required. This is a management position.
- Demonstrates leadership and organizational skills as well as competence in follow-through.
- Ability to develop outpatient unit policies and procedures to meet all regulatory (both internal and external) guidelines.
- Is independent and self-directed.
- Possesses effective proactive interpersonal problem-solving as well as written/verbal communication skills.
- Encourages creativity and innovation in the development of office staff personnel to better meet patient needs.
- Is a skilled negotiator with the ability to promote effective collaboration between departments and Medical Staff.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles with the ability to teach and to develop an effective patient education program.
- Ability to promote operational efficiency and a safe and harmonious working environment.
- Able to provide community education to the public.
- Current California RN license
- BSN preferred
- Five (5) years of clinical nursing experience with a focus on program implementation.
- At least three (3) years in a supervisory role in an outpatient clinical setting preferred.
- Supervisory/management experience in an ambulatory clinic setting is highly preferred.
- Lean training or process improvement training/certification preferred.