Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
NeurologistApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Medical Group Location Santa Fe Springs, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 14900-977 Date posted 02/11/2022
At PIH Health, we provide cutting edge compassionate care. We have a talented team who is proud to be making a positive impact on the lives of our patients each and every day. We are growing fast and looking to have enthusiastic Neurologist to join our team.
The Neurologist coordinates a course of treatment for patients with a variety of neurological diseases and illnesses while working with an inter-disciplinary team of nurses, physician assistants, dieticians, surgeons, pathologists and pharmacists. The Neurologist will act as an expert in disease management and prevention.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
- Demonstrated expertise in diagnoses: assessment, intervention, and patient care management. Knowledgeable regarding Neurology scope of practice.
- Experience performing and interpreting EMG’s and EEG’s.
- Perform neurologic history and physical examination, including mental status examination and evaluation of cranial nerves, motor and sensory function, coordination, gait and reflexes.
- Evaluate new-onset headaches (whether traumatic or atraumatic), with or without altered mental state, and with or without focal neurologic findings. Diagnosis and treat cluster, migraine and tension-type headaches.
- Diagnosis, evaluate and treat common causes of dementia. Differentiate dementia from delirium and depression. Manage general medical factors that improve or worsen dementia.
- Diagnosis, evaluate and treat seizure disorders.
- Diagnose, evaluate and treat neuropathies, radiculopathies and myelopathies. Provide treatment of neuropathy and radiculopathy.
- Diagnose, evaluate and treat degenerative neurologic disorders such as Parkinsons disease.
- Diagnose, evaluate and treat demyelinating disorders such as multiple sclerosis.
- Diagnosis, evaluate and treat cerebral ischemic symptoms and events.
- Current active California Medical license
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Evidence of continuing education and self-development to support license requirements
- Board Certified or board eligible for American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
WHY PIH HEALTH?
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with three hospitals, 93 outpatient medical offices, six Urgent Care Centers, with over 400 employed physician and mid-level providers in our medical foundation and more than 7,500 compassionate & valued employees. Ranked one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals.
Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values.