Ophthalmic AssistantApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Santa Fe Springs, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 15671-977 Date posted 04/07/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
Ophthalmic Assistant performs patient-oriented procedures and services under the supervision of the department Office Manager, Administrative Manager and/or practitioner in the medical office setting. May need to travel to different practice locations.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- In depth knowledge about various eye diseases.
- Good understanding of all Medical Assistant competencies
- Knowledge of computer keyboard, ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Knowledge of computerized practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft office programs and electronic health records systems)
- Good telephone management skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Good communication skills, bilingual in Spanish helpful
- Valid driver’s license and car insurance policy coverage; reliable transportation
Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of Ophthalmology experience; ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced situations, ability to work in an environment involving a high level of activity.
2 years back office experience; ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast paced situations, ability to work in an environment involving a high level of activity.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V