CLINICAL PHARMACIST (WHITTIER), FULL TIME, VARIABLE SHIFTSApply Now Job ID 7222-977 Date posted 03/05/2019
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
The Clinical Pharmacist will supervise and perform all aspects concerning the preparation and dispensing of medications while maintaining ethical and professional behavior that ensures efficient, accurate, timely distribution and control of medication throughout the hospital. The Clinical Pharmacist will serve as a drug information specialist by providing accurate drug information to physicians, nurses, and paramedical personnel. Pharmaceutical Care is provided by the Clinical Pharmacist through continual monitoring of patients drug therapy and accepting responsibility for their patients’ outcome. The Clinical Pharmacist shall at all times maintain the security of the department and serve as guardian of the hospital drug supply. Maintain and reflect a positive and professional attitude representing the pharmacy and PIH hospital.
- Must have advanced knowledge in pharmacokinetics and the ability to apply them in the hospital setting.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy recognized by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- Must have a Pharm.D. degree.
- Must be a California registered Pharmacist.
- Must have a current BLS and ACLS Heartsaver Certification from the American Heart Association.
- Hospital pharmacy experience or Graduation from an accredited Hospital Residency Program
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V