Communication Resource ClerkApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Part-Time Job ID 17238-977 Date posted 09/14/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Communication Resources Clerk reports directly to the Communication Resources management. He/she performs all duties and responsibilities associated with answering and extending calls to the various departments of the IDS as well as to patients and physicians; initiates responses to various codes and alarms; performs overhead pages; participates in the On-Call Scheduling program; and provides some limited Audiovisual/Conference Center and Vocera support.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Considerable knowledge about the hospital, the medical staff, the integrated delivery system, the community and the sources of information relevant to this data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, actively listens and always follows appropriate channels of communication.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills; uses time efficiently, able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with interruption; good memory, pleasant voice; knowledge and ability to perform tasks with Microsoft office software (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Provide flexibility with work schedule; discrete, courteous and professional about confidential matters; ability to diffuse hostile callers.
- Spanish/Chinese bilingual preferred.
- Successful completion of high school education or GED preferred.
- Experience on a Switchboard or in a Customer Service or Administrative environment preferred
- Six months to one year computerized console experience and general office skills.
- Previous hospital/healthcare experience preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V