DIRECTOR, ENGAGEMENT (WHITTIER) - FULL-TIME - EXEMPTApply Now Job ID 7699-977 Date posted 06/04/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of Engagement is responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs and design. In addition, director will lead the development and implementation of all internal communication and employee engagement strategies, programs and events to ensure initiatives are in line with the strategic priorities and with a focus on improving culture and creating a positive work environment for all employees. This is a high profile position requiring strong collaboration and communication skills, the ability to influence and develop productive partnerships, and to develop creative innovative solutions. Leads the development and implementation of company-wide leadership development and succession planning program, to ensure all leaders and potential leaders have the necessary skills to succeed. Operates as an organizational leader and internal consultant to management in the identification, development and implementation of major change initiatives.
- Excellent change management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal, customer service, time management, and project management skills
- Assess development needs of the hospital and/or business unit
- Lead design, development and implementation of programs, policies and strategies tailored to meet organizational needs and goals
- Design and implement organizational structures and operating models that elevate employee and organizational effectiveness
- Assess and analyze targeted stakeholders to enable strategic design and implementation of initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to think strategically
- Comfortable managing difficult situations, showing a high level of professional maturity, resiliency and adaptability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, employee data management systems and able to learn new software programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Organizational Development or related field
- 5 – 10 years of direct experience managing organizational development
- 10 – 15 years of Human Resources experience with an emphasis on employee engagement
- Supervisory experience
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace
- Healthcare Experience
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V