EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT TECHNICIAN - ED TECH, PIH Health - WHITTIER, Part time, 7am-7pm (Internal Candidates Only)Apply Now Job ID 12430-977 Date posted 07/16/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
Facilitates the provision of timely and effective patient care under the supervision of licensed members of the healthcare team. Helps maintain a safe and clean environment in order to enhance department operations. Patient care is delivered consistent with the model and philosophy of relationship based care.
- Written and verbal English communication skill
- Basic organizational skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of infection control
- Able to work using aseptic techniques
- California State Certification as an EMT preferred.
- Minimal EKG knowledge. Able to set-up and run 12-lead EKG (Hospital willing to train).
- Current BLS Certification
- Phlebotomy skills/certificate required.
- Acute general hospital experience either as an employee or student preferred. Hospital is willing to train.
- Basic windows and mouse skills preferred.
- Non-violent crisis intervention training annually.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V