HUMAN RESOURCES (HR) BUSINESS PARTNER - PIH HEALTH WHITTIER HOSPITAL - FULL-TIME EXEMPTApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 15527-977 Date posted 06/21/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Reporting to the Director of Employee Relations, the Human ResourcesEmployee Relations Advisor under minimal direction develops, implements and evaluates hospital-wide employee relations programs, policies, practices and activities. The Employee Relations Advisor manages workplace investigations and works with organization leaders and employees to resolve issues through variety of methods. In addition, this position provides expertise to support labor relations strategies, and leave of absence administration.
- Expert ability to conduct and complete objective investigations, document findings and make recommendations.
- Ability to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Expert ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to facilitate discussions between management and staff.
- Expert ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with diverse groups of individuals (business leaders, legal counsel, colleagues, staff at all levels).
- Solid knowledge of employment law.
- Solid knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Email, HRIS.
- Solid ability to manage conflict and exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Demonstrated strong experience and background in broad HR disciplines including but not limited to employee relations, labor relations, and leave of absence administration.
- Basic knowledge of contracts and legal documents to interpret information.
- 3-5 years of professional level Human Resources experience as HR Manager or other related position
- Bachelor’s degree
- Labor Relations experience.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- PHR/SPHR certification.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V