Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Mammography Technologist, Imaging,Apply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 18520-977 Date posted 01/25/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
This position performs screening and diagnostic mammography in an outpatient setting. Provides education to patients and families regarding breast imaging; prevention and early detection of breast disease.
- Excellent technical and positioning skills including sound clinical knowledge of breast disease.
- Understanding of related MQSA mandates and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, physicians and management.
- Prior digital mammography experience preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Current CRT and CMT license.
- Current ARRT certification for mammography or obtain within 18 months of hire.
- Current BCLS certification.
- 8.0 Category A digital mammography CEU’s.
- 8.0 hours of Breast Digital Tomosynthesis
- Prior experience imaging with tomosytheiss and/or obtained initial tomosythesis CME qualifications
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V