Medical Lab Technician, Clinical LaboratoryApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16953 - 977 Date posted 08/22/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Performs laboratory testing and related duties in all sections of the laboratory specified in the scope of practice and in accordance with regulatory guidelines. Perform other administrative and logistic duties as assigned. This is a non-exempt position.
- Testing of patient specimens in assigned sections
- Working knowledge of quality control rules
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (CLIA, DHS, CAP, Joint Commission, CIHQ)
- Precise with details and organizational skills
- Problem solving ability and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of computers, word processing and spread sheet skills preferable
- California Medical Lab Technician License (MLT, CDPH)
- Minimum of twelve (12) months as an MLT in hospital laboratory setting.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V