ORTHOPEDIC TECHNICIAN/MEDICAL ASSISTANT; PHP- WHITTIER, ORTHOPEDICS/WELLS MOB; FULL-TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 8227-977 Date posted 09/09/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Orthopedic Technician/Medical Assistant works under general supervision to perform a variety of procedures; fills in and performs various patient-oriented job duties. This position will work in the Back and Front Office and rotate regularly. Casting and splinting will be daily tasks. The Orthopedic Tech/MA may be requested to float between Orthopedic clinics; process all outside referrals including HMO and PPO, maintaining accurate records and notifying all concerned parties of the outcome as required. Will facilitate the provisions of timely and effective patient care by helping to maintain a safe and clean environment in order to enhance department operations.
- Knowledge of infection control. Able to work using aseptic techniques.
- Ability to apply and remove casts and splints.
- Minimal EKG knowledge. Able to set-up and run 12-lead EKG (willing to train).
- Adaptability and accuracy.
- Strong clinical skills, knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Strong computer skills, data entry and typing.
- Ability to check patient insurance, make appointments, and collect co-pays.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) computerized practice management and other record keeping systems.
- Strong verbal and written skills; fluent in English.
- Completion of an Orthopedic Technology Program
- Certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current BLS CPR certification from the American Heart Association
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Two (2) years previous experience working in an Orthopedics Practice or Emergency Department.
- Two (2) years front and back medical office experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Current Orthopedic Technologist-Certified (OTC) by the National Board for Certification of Orthopaedic Technologist (NBCOT)
- Member of National Association of Orthopaedic Technologist (NAOT)
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V