Palliative and Hospice PhysicianApply Now Job ID 10716-977 Date posted 11/12/2020
MORE THAN 310 DAYS OF SUNSHINE AND OVER
2 MILLION PEOPLE TO CARE FOR – COME BE A PART
OF ALL THAT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS TO OFFER
Join one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in beautiful Southern California
Palliative and Hospice Physician
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices with more than 170 Physicians and Advanced Practice Professionals, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensivee facilities in Whittier and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Palliative/ Hospice Physician will serve as the admitting and attending physician for patients admitted to palliative and hospice care services. In addition to the clinical responsibilities, the position is responsible for care coordination and population health management of patients on palliative care and hospice services throughout the IDS. This role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong analytical and project management skills.
The Palliative Care/Hospice Physician reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer, who reports directly to the hospital’s Chief Executive Officer. Works collaborately with the Vice President of Post-Acute Care Services and the Director of Palliative Care & Hospice.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
With the sun shining nearly every day, life has more balance. Whether you’re interested in surfing, skiing, hiking, biking, art or culture, it can all be in your backyard.
Find out why Physicians commit to work for PIH Health:
PIH Health Physician Recruitment
Submit CVs to Jennifer.email@example.com
- Demonstrates commitment to PIH Health’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
- Excellent clinical skills in the management of Palliative and Hospice patients. Maintains continuity of care of selected patients, ability to identify, monitor, and follow selective high risk patients ensuring high quality care, excellent care coordination, effective cost management, and superior clinical outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the End-of-life continuum and the benefit PIH Health provides within the integrated delivery system.
- Experience in leading the interdisciplinary team in providing pain management, alleviating psychosocial stress, addressing spirit.
- Ability to provide comprehensive patient assessments, evaluate, explain, teach, and problem solve using critical thinking.
- Collaborates with providers in the IDS to coordinate care of patients as requested (emergency, hospital discharged patients, home care, palliative care, hospice care and certain chronic and complex patients as requested).
- Provides oversight and leadership of the palliative care providers and teaching functions.
- Organizational skills and personal leadership qualities including tact and diplomacy, necessary to coordinate all aspects of the program and to integrate the efforts of the hospital, medical staff, program faculty and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a variety of individuals including physicians, the general public, and employees.
- Ability to solve complex clinical and psychosocial problems to achieve desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of hospital and group practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to healthcare.
- Possesses knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation; Title 22 regulations of the State of California; Accreditation standards as related to departments under responsibility.
- Ensures compliance in meeting all regulations and standards related to post-acute care and long term care services, Medicare, DMHC and other state, federal and local requirements.
- In collaboration with administrative leaders of Post-Acute Care Services, assists in the implementation of IDS goals and objectives in the management and care coordination of palliative care and hospice care programs.
- Experience with PI/CQI processes and systems, including identification and implementation of evidence based medicine and best practice(s).
- Collaborates with physicians, staff, LTAC, SNF and IDS leaders to improve integration, continuity of care and efficient management of palliative care and hospice patients.
- Understands potential impacts and consequences of decision making in situations including interdependencies between departments within the enterprise.
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of California and in good standing with the Medical Board of California.
- Achieve and maintain Hospital medical staff membership and clinical privileges.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School.
- At least two (2) years of clinical practice in hospice, palliative care, chronic care management
- Ability to mentor, guide, and educate Palliative Care Nurse Practitioners. Willingness and ability to use personal auto to drive to meetings, patient visits and special events or to carry out assignments as requested. This will require proof of California driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Spanish language proficiency is highly desirable.
- Management skills, expertise and availability to manage patients in different post-acute environments.
- Current Board Certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine is highly desirable.
- At least five (5) years of clinical practice in hospice, palliative care, chronic care management
- Prior medical administrative experience preferred