Phlebotomist (Inpatient) PIH Health Whittier, Part Time, Day ShiftApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Part-Time Job ID 16699-977 Date posted 07/15/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Inpatient Phlebotomist performs blood drawing (venipuncture and capillary punctures), accessioning and processing specimens.
- Able to perform all phases of blood collections required by the department within the normal time limits.
- With consideration to age, ability to assess and utilize appropriate phlebotomy techniques, including venipuncture and capillary puncture, on patients of all age groups, from infancy through adult.
- Written and verbal communication and basic computer skills.
- California State CPT certification required
- Experience in obtaining blood samples by venipuncture and capillary puncture from adults, children, infants and neonates
- One (1) year experience in an acute care hospital or five (5) years of ambulatory phlebotomy experience required
- Experience in drawing patients with special needs, including and not limit to, with lines, on IVs, in isolation, or have various precautionary requirements
- Maintain 3 CEU per year according to CA State requirements
- Valid BLS CPR certification from the American Heart Association is required
- Maintain N95 fitting or alternative
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V