Physical Therapist Assistant, Acute Care, Full TimeApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 20753-977 Date posted 11/08/2023
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Downey Hospital, PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, PIH Health Whittier Hospital, 37 outpatient medical office buildings, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, digestive health, orthopedics, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is nationally recognized for excellence in patient care and patient experience, and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has identified PIH Health as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The primary responsibility of the Physical Therapist Assistant I is to provide direct patient care under the direction of a qualified Physical Therapist upon physician referral.
- Ability to perform patient care utilizing correct body mechanics.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant others when administering care.
- Competent to treat a variety of diagnoses for patients who may be infants, children, adults or older adults.
- CPR certification.
- Physical Therapist Assistant shall be a graduate of a Physical Therapist Assistant Associate Degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Licensed as a physical therapist assistant in California, or eligible to take the examination for licensure in the State of California, with PTA license applicant document on file.
- The PTA must have at least two years of experience preferably in a home health agency, acute care facility or outpatient clinic.
- Must maintain a current California physical therapist assistant license.
- CPR certification.
- Current driver’s license and valid auto insurance.
- Basic computer skills, Windows and Microsoft products necessary.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
12401 Washington Blvd.