Optimize your job search based on your profileStart Matching
Physical Therapist Assistant, Outpatient,Apply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 17706-977 Date posted 10/25/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The primary responsibility of the Physical Therapist Assistant I is to provide direct patient care under the direction of a qualified Physical Therapist upon physician referral.
- Ability to perform patient care utilizing correct body mechanics.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant others when administering care.
- Competent to treat a variety of diagnoses for patients who may be infants, children, adults or older adults.
- CPR certification.
- Fire Safety Class certification.
- Licensed as a physical therapist assistant in California, or eligible to take the examination for licensure in the State of California, with PTA license applicant document on file.
- Must maintain a current California physical therapist assistant license.
- Basic Windows and mouse skills preferred.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V