Physical Therapist Assistant, PIH Health, Home Health, Los Angeles/Orange County, Full Time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Whittier Hospital Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16448 - 977 Date posted 06/17/2022
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The primary responsibility of the Physical Therapist Assistant I is to provide direct patient care under the direction of a qualified Physical Therapist upon physician referral.
- Ability to perform patient care utilizing correct body mechanics.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant others when administering care.
- Competent to treat a variety of diagnoses for patients who may be young adults, older adults and geriatrics.
- Physical Therapist Assistant shall be a graduate of a Physical Therapist Assistant Associate Degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant in California, or eligible to take the examination for licensure in the State of California, with PTA license applicant document on file.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience preferably in a home health agency, acute care facility or outpatient clinic.
- Must maintain a current California Physical Therapist Assistant license.
- Valid BLS CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
- Current driver’s license and valid auto insurance.
- Basic computer skills, Windows and Microsoft products necessary.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V